Intelligent Boom Control Quick Facts
Intelligent Boom Control
Expand AllCollapse All
- More productive
- Short learning curve
- Enjoyable to operate
- Improved fuel economy
- Reduced structural fatigue
- The operator can focus on controlling the head or grapple rather than on the boom joint movements
- Attract and retain operators. IBC is so productive and easy to use, operators in the forest want to run IBC-equipped machines.
IBC in Wheeled Harvesters
- Maneuvering between trees is easy. The boom responds smoothly and the system controls the boom movement.
- Operator takes the harvester head to the desired place and the system adjusts boom movements and extension automatically.
- Easy to use and precise to operate
- The boom tip automatically follows the desired trajectory. Hill mode makes the trajectory suitable for working on slopes.
- The harvester head is driven to the optimal cutting height.
- Intelligent control of boom turning improves control of movements in all reaches.
IBC in Forwarders
- Optional for forwarders
- Operator controls the boom tip directly instead of controlling independent boom joint movements.
- Reduce necessary tuning parameters and increase durability of the boom and cylinders.
- IBC system speed can be adjusted to the operator’s needs.
- Adjust vertical, horizontal, and slew speed of boom tip.
- Switching between IBC and conventional boom control is done with a press of a button.
- IBC also provides end damping to stop the blow-like loads of the cylinder ends so the operator does not need to monitor boom positions. Work is more fluent and the boom structures and hydraulic cylinders last longer.