Every season, farmers face an array of risks from nature: drought, floods, extreme temperatures, insects and more. The Multiple-Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) program provides protection against yield losses for most crops from nearly all natural disasters. APH guarantees yields based on your actual production history.
- Comprehensive protection against weather-related causes of loss and certain other unavoidable perils
- Protects against low yields, poor quality, replanting costs1 or when planting is prevented1
- Guarantee is based on producer's own yield records
- Various levels of coverage are available
- MPCI provides a source of income when low crop yields are caused by covered perils.
- Adds security to farm loans and low-level security for marketing plans.
- Minimum Catastrophic coverage is available, and provisions are available for farmers with limited resources.
- Available on a wide variety of crops.
MPCI policies pay when your actual yield falls below the approved guarantee. Losses paid at Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) determined price listed on your summary of coverage.
Cabbage, Dry Beans, Forage Production, Mint, Millet, Mustard, Onions, Peas, Peanuts, Popcorn, Potatoes, Perennial Fruits, Small Grains (not traded) Buckwheat, Flax, Oats, Rye, Sugar Cane, Sugar Beets, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes, Texas Citrus
MPCI Example for Dry Beans
Situation: Loss of production due to hail.
Actual Production History: 1,920 lbs.
Coverage Level: 75%
Actual Yield: 690 lbs
Established Price: $0.32
Guarantee: APH(1,920 lbs.) *Coverage Level (.75) = Guarantee(1,440 lbs.)
MPCI Payment: Guarantee (1,440 lbs.) – Actual Yield (690 lbs.) * Established Price ($0.32) = Payment ($240)
1Not available on all crop policies.
2All examples assume the policyholder has 100% share of the insured crop. Different rounding rules may apply to different calculations and/or products.