The 6R Series tractors offer additional horsepower, cab and control options, and more performance features to handle larger chores and field operations.
The 6M Series tractors are well-suited for such chores as haying and field work, material handling, mowing roadsides, and maintaining orchards and vineyards.
OLATHE, Kansas (April 1, 2015) – John Deere has expanded its lineup of 6M and 6R Series Tractors for model year 2015 to offer producers a wider range of horsepower, frame sizes, transmissions, hydraulics and other options.
"Our objective is to continually expand our tractor line to meet a wide variety of customer needs, yet be able to offer the same proven performance, reliability and service standards in every 6 Family model," says Kory Ross, mid-tractor product manager for John Deere. "The new models in our 6M and 6R Series continue that tradition, with tractors ranging from 110 to 215 engine horsepower, and build commonality in horsepower and other features within the 6 Family."
Tractors in the mid-specification 6M Series are well-suited for such chores as haying and field work; loader, feeding and material handling; mowing roadsides; and maintaining orchards and vineyards. Operation can vary from creeper speed for working in specialty crops to 25 mph for faster transport. The closed-center pressure and flow-compensating hydraulic system offers advantages such as increased lift capacity and faster loader-cycle times.
Seven 6M models are available (the three numbers following the "6" indicate engine horsepower). Small-frame models are the 6110M, 6120M and 6130M; the 6145M and 6155M are mid-frame models; and the 6175M and the new 6195M are large-frame models.
In addition to the higher power range, the 6Ms are available with mechanical cab suspension system for improved ride quality; factory-installed AutoTrac™ Ready for assisted steering on the mid- and large-frame models; on-the-go auto mechanical front-wheel drive and differential lock for increased traction; and front hitch and front PTO options for front-mounted implements.
The 6M models also have Power Fill brakes for demanding loads and hillside mowing operations and come with multiple tire options based on different applications.
The 6R Series of premium specification tractors offer additional horsepower, cab and control options, and more performance features to handle larger chores and field operations. These features include the ComfortView™ cab, high-performance controls, and optimum comfort, along with panoramic visibility.
The Generation 4 CommandCenter™ provides premium technology and functionality, such as integrated AutoTrac, to deliver accurate and cost-effective guidance through the field. And PFC hydraulics, with up to six selective control valves, provide maximum hydraulic efficiency for operating large implements, seeding tools, row-crop planters and potato harvesters.
Customers can choose from a range of models, including small-frame 6110R, 6120R and 6130R models; mid-frame 6145R and 6155R models and large-frame 6175R, 6195R and 6215R. The 6R Series Tractors feature commonality of CommandCenter and operational controls that shorten the learning curve for operator training from 6R up to 9R Series Tractors. Other key features operators will appreciate include:
- Up to 30 degrees of right-hand seat swivel allows easier operational view of rear-mounted implements.
- A recessed hydraulic valve stack provides straight-line drawbar pin visibility, along with lever disconnect for quicker coupling and uncoupling of implement hydraulic hoses.
- Efficient IVT™, Direct Drive and AutoQuad+ ECO transmissions that operate at lower engine rpm while improving fluid economy.
- Intelligent Power Management has increased to 40 hp on the 6145R to 6215R models to provide additional power when needed.
- The E-PTO conserves fuel while maintaining rated PTO speed when operating a mower-conditioner or baler.
"Now more than ever, producers expect to see a positive return on investment as well as superior performance," Ross says. "The new 6M and 6R models from John Deere provide both, with more horsepower options and operational features than ever to meet the needs of more customers, and at a specification and price level that's right for them."
New R-Series Front Loaders for Unrivaled Performance and Reliability
Along with the expanded 6 Family Tractor lineup, John Deere introduces the new R-Series Front Loaders. This new loader is designed to match with all Final Tier 4 6M and 6R Series Tractors and builds on the successful H-Series Loaders.
Features of the new R-Series Front Loaders include:
- Automatic mast latch system that makes attaching and detaching the loader much easier.
- Implement automatic latch and remote implement latch to allow operators to switch attachments faster and more conveniently than ever before.
- Side-slung leveling links that improve operator visibility and the ability of the loader to level itself through the full range of loading operations.
- An enhanced version of the industry-exclusive Return-to-Position with Electronic Self Leveling technology that makes loader work as easy as a flick of the wrist.
For more information on new Ag, Turf and Farm products visit www.JohnDeere.com/New.
About John Deere
Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) is a world leader in providing advanced products and services and is committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land - those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world's dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. For more information, visit John Deere at its worldwide website at www.JohnDeere.com.