9 Tire Tips to Increase Wheel Loader Production and Decrease Costs
- Maintain proper tire pressure to maximize total work cycles.
- Match tire pressures to the application, whether sand, gravel, rock or topsoil. Proper inflation increases traction and tire life. Refer to tire manufacturer load/pressure tables or contact your equipment dealer for proper pressures by application.
- Disengage differential locks when additional traction isn't needed.
- Avoid tire spinning and obstacles.
- Limit wet conditions that can make it easier for objects to cut or puncture tires.
- Slow Down. Slower speeds allow more time to see and avoid obstacles.
- Inspect tires daily before operation.
- Minimize transport distances and sharp turns.
- Manage tires remotely with telematics systems such as JDLink™.
You May Also Be Interested In...