- Home & Workshop Products
1. John Deere became famous for improving the steel plow not creating the tractor.
2. In 1918 Deere & Company entered the tractor business by acquiring the maker of Waterloo Boy Tractors.
3. John Deere was elected mayor of Moline in 1837 and served for two years.
4. In 1894 Deere & Company started manufacturing bicycles for a few years (Deere Roadster and Moline Special).
5. In 1895 Deere & Company started production of an agricultural journal called The Furrow. The magazine grew to 500,000 readers by 1907 and now is published in 14 languages within 115 countries. The magazine is accredited with inventing content marketing.
6. Since 1837 Deere & Company has only had 9 CEOs.
7. Out of these 9 CEOs 5 of them were members of the Deere family.
8. Deere & Company World Headquarters was designed by Eero Saarinen, who also designed the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.
9. “Nothing Runs Like a Deere” slogan was created for a snowmobile line but is still used today.
10. Deere & Company has used the leaping deer trademark for more than 135 years.