NEWS RELEASE January 23, 2024
John Deere’s 2023 Business Impact Report Highlights Progress & Commitment to Sustainability Through Innovation
MOLINE, Ill. (Jan. 23, 2024) – Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) released its inaugural Business Impact Report, highlighting the company's commitment to delivering long-term value for all stakeholders, encompassing notable financial accomplishments and impactful sustainable investments.
"Delivering impactful outcomes for our customers is embedded in everything we do at Deere,” said Deere’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John C. May. “From smooth roads on a daily commute, to the cotton we wear, to the food on the family table, our solutions touch many people’s lives daily. Product innovation, environmental stewardship, and our people are key to driving impact for our customers, so they can continue to feed, clothe, and fuel the world in a way that’s environmentally and economically sustainable.”
By enabling customers to do more with less, Deere pursues environmental stewardship to protect the planet and sustain the growing needs of future generations. This pursuit is underpinned by the company’s LEAP Ambitions, which boost both economic value and sustainability for farmers and customers through focused, measurable goals.
As seen in the report, Deere is making headway on the company’s Leap Ambitions, including:
- 650K connected machines, allowing customers to use data from their machines to make informed decisions that will help scale their operations and use more sustainable practices.
- 15% reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions, accomplished primarily by focusing on renewable electricity sources.
- Solutions as a Service business model, enabling customers to only pay for the technology they use while benefitting from lower up-front costs, efficiencies brought by precision technologies, lower environmental footprint, and the ability to upgrade to the latest technologies at their discretion.
- Surpassed one million acres covered using See & Spray™ technology (nearly two-thirds reduction in solution, saving 8 million+ gallons), enabled by managing crops at the plant level.
- Four electric and two hybrid-electric turf and compact utility products and revealed two X-Tier Loaders with E-drive technology, advancing the company’s alternative power solutions.
- A multi-year people strategy focused on recruiting and retaining diverse talent through a continued commitment to building great employee experiences.
John Deere's sustained performance and strategic sustainable investments underscore its commitment to creating lasting value for customers and stakeholders while making a meaningful difference globally.
For more information, the 2023 Business Impact Report is available at www.deere.com/sustainability.
About John Deere
Deere & Company (www.JohnDeere.com) is a global leader in the delivery of agricultural, construction, and forestry equipment. We help our customers push the boundaries of what’s possible in ways that are more productive and sustainable to help life leap forward. Our technology-enabled products including John Deere Autonomous 8R Tractor, See & Spray™, and E-Power Backhoe are just some of the ways we help meet the world's increasing need for food, shelter, and infrastructure. Deere & Company also provides financial services through John Deere Financial. For more information on Deere & Company, visit us at www.deere.com/en/news/.