ZTrak™ Z515E with 48A Mower Deck
ZTrak Z515E with 48A Mower Deck
The 48-in. (122-cm), 54-in. (137-cm), and 60-in. (152-cm) Accel Deep Mower Decks are a forged-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds or in tall grass:
- 4.83-in. (12.3-cm) (48A/54A) or 4.91-in. (12.5-cm) (60A) depth throughout the entire deck shell for optimum mowing, mulching, and bagging performance.
- Optional MulchControl™ system provides superior mulching performance and versatility.
- Forged-steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and diminish mowing performance.
- Mower deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and level cut.
- Adjustable mower wheels, positioned just above ground level, help reduce scalping.
- 0.25-in. (6.4-mm) cut-height increments allow the mower to be set at the desired cut height
||Material collection (optional)
|48-in. (122-cm) Accel Deep (48A)
||6.5-bu (230-L) two-bag Power Flow™ system
|54-in. (137-cm) Accel Deep (54A)
||6.5-bu (230-L) two-bag Power Flow system
|60-in. (152-cm) Accel Deep (60A)
Productivity - getting the job done fast
Trim side of Accel Deep Mower Deck
Deep mower-deck forging delivers high productivity, which gets the job done fast. It allows room for the cut and suspended material to exit the deck quickly, reducing the amount of recutting so more power is available to process incoming grass:
- Greatly improves the mower’s capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance and cut quality in difficult mowing conditions and at higher speeds
- Even in mulching mode, cut evenness is improved compared to other designs because the additional depth allows for continuous circulation, optimal recutting, and an even distribution of clippings.
Large discharge opening is both high and wide to handle more material:
- Gives a smooth, even discharge of clippings at all mowing speeds
- Reduces the chance of plugging, especially important when operating in wet, thick, or dense grass and when bagging
Cleanliness - for the mower and the operator
Accel Deep Mower Deck, trim side
Cleaning a mower deck is one of the most frequent maintenance activities. The flat-top shape of the deck forging is optimal for keeping itself and the operator clean:
- There are few places to catch and hold material on top and underneath the deck.
- Top of deck stays cleaner, reducing time and effort needed for cleaning and service
- Underside of deck is self-cleaning to maintain optimum performance without buildup of material to interfere with the flow of air and clippings
- Less need to clean and remove buildup of material from underside of deck
- The depth of the Accel Deep Mower Deck minimizes the amount of material that escapes from the front of the deck.
- Limited amount of material drifts onto the operator and mower deck
- Even for material discharged out the chute, less recutting results in larger pieces that are less likely to end up on the operator
- Mulching prevents the discharge of material completely and MulchControl makes mulching a practical solution for most mowing situations.
Mower wash port
Mower wash port with hose connector
A wash port and hose connector are provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy.
How MulchControl works
MulchControl baffle in open position
MulchControl baffle in closed position
MulchControl is an innovative, simple design that is easy to use and maintain:
- The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
- The MulchControl baffle, or divider, between the left and middle spindles is about halfway down. The height is designed to balance the mulching and side-discharge modes.
- When the MulchControl baffle is open, the divider between the left and middle spindles passes a portion of the material to the discharge opening, along with the material from the middle and right spindle areas.
- When the MulchControl baffle is closed, the material stays within the deck and gets chopped into mulch and deposited in the turf.
Superior durability is designed in
Hinged spindle pocket cover
Double-captured mower wheel
Accel Deep Mower Decks have strong spindle pockets to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough service:
- Forged from strong 10-gauge, 0.135-in. (3.4-mm) steel
- Ribs in the deck shell add strength where it is needed.
- Mower wheels are double captured:
- Provides greater strength and durability for longer, trouble-free life
- Single-bolt adjustment makes setting wheels to the correct cutting height quick and easy
- Low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on engine lower bearings and mower deck bearings for longer life.
- A 5/8-in. (16-mm) diameter solid-steel rod side guard provides extra strength and protection.
- Dual-stage E-coat and powder-paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
Versatility - easy to change between side discharge, mulch, and bagging modes
Accel Deep Mower Decks are designed for maximum versatility, providing the greatest ease in changing from one mower discharge mode to another:
- With MulchControl, changing from side discharging to mulching or vice versa is done with the simple flip of a lever.
- On 48A and 54A Mower Decks, the Power Flow rear bagger can be used with MulchControl by simply using the MulchControl lever to move the mulch baffle to the side-discharge position.
The MulchControl system for Accel Deep Mower Decks is an optional field-installed attachment and makes mulching practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching, but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect lawn material.
Advantages of mulching grass clippings include:
- A beautiful looking lawn
- Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
- Less fertilizer required
- Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
- The MulchControl handle is located on top of the mower deck and used to open and close the discharge baffle.
- The operator is required to get off the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
- Changing from mulching to side discharge or vice versa takes only a few seconds.
MulchControl is well-suited to the following mowing situations:
- Usually mulch, but side discharge when grass gets too long
- Usually side-discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
- Always mulch a main lawn, but often side discharge secondary lawns
- Bag clippings, but want to go farther before emptying bags
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. The operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side discharge or bagging when needed.
While in the side-discharge mode, MulchControl still mulches about one third of the material. Therefore, the side-discharge mode is essentially a partial mulch mode. This can be an advantage when side discharging or bagging, as it helps reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
- When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
- When cutting in wet, high-growth conditions, such as those found in the Pacific Northwest United States
- When optimum bagging and lawn cleanup is desired
6.5-bu (230-L) Power Flow rear bagger (not available for 60-in. [152-cm] Mower Deck)
Power Flow rear bagger
An optional 6.5-bu (230-L) Power Flow rear bagger material collection system (MCS) is available. It provides an efficient means of collecting grass clippings and leaves:
- The Power Flow blower and chute are easy to install.
- The Power Flow blower swings out for easy cleanout and cleanup. The hopper design provides modern styling, great bagging performance, cleaner operation, and easy-to-empty bags:
- Easy-to-attach Power Flow blower (ordered separately)
- Easy-to-attach chute (ordered separately)
- Air exhaust duct
- Convenient spring-latch
- Airflow fill indicator
- Quik-Tatch™ mounting
- Sealed hopper top
- Loose-knit bags available
- Hopper kit comes with ballast bracket