4 mower deck designs to bring you great looking lawns
All our mower decks are solid stamped out of steel to meticulous design specifications for a superior cut. The kind of cut each and every backyard deserves.
Accel Deep™ Mower Deck NEW!
The new deeper draw and flat top design create a better quality of cut at faster ground speeds. Perfect for our ZTrak lineup.
Read More Check Mower Compatibilty
- Available in 42-, 48-, and 54-in. widths
- Flat top design
- Deep shell extends all the way around
Wider and higher discharge opening provides even clipping dispersal for an excellent finished appearance in all conditions.
Check Mower Compatibilty
- 9-gauge steel
- Deep-deck design delivers excellent airflow
- AutoConnect-capable (X700 Signature Series Lawn Mowers only)
Designed with superior airflow for unmatched cut quality and uniform discharge even in difficult mowing conditions.
Check Mower Compatibilty
MulchControl™ in Action
Turning your grass into healthy mulch — and your yard into one that's lush and beautiful — has never been easier. Available on Accel™ deep mower decks and high capacity mower decks.
See it in Action
Mulching Quality Test Results
Mulch ON. The summer of 2015 saw the NC State University Center for Turfgrass Environmental Research and Education test leading riding lawn tractors for mulching performance.
See the results.
Excellent cut quality
Flat-top design enables clean flow of material throughout the deck and out of the discharge area. This prevents cut material from interfering with the cutting of incoming grass, allowing the blades to cut the material cleanly.
Deep, flat-top deck with a large discharge opening allows cut clippings to exit the mower deck with limited re-cutting, so more power is available for cutting and processing incoming grass.
Minimal recutting improves the mower's capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance in difficult conditions and at higher speeds.
Smooth, flat-top deck stamping has few places for material to catch and collect on top of or underneath the deck, so the mower deck stays cleaner and is easier to clean when serviced.
Limited amount of recutting means less small pieces of grass clippings collect on the mower deck or the operator.
Designed-in durability features ensure many hours of trouble-free operation.
- 42A is stamped from 12-gauge, 0.105-in. (2.7-mm) steel and has a 16 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge Xtra 42-in. (107-cm) mower deck.
- 48A is stamped from 10-gauge, 0.135-in. (3.4-mm) steel and has a 23 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge Xtra 48-in. (122-cm) mower deck.
- 54A is stamped from 10-gauge, 0.135-in. (3.4-mm) steel and has a 3 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge Xtra 54-in. (137-cm) mower deck.
- Durability features include double-captured anti-scalp wheels for greater strength, low-tension belt-drive design for reduced bearing side-load, outer edge of the deck protection for strength and long life, easy-to-access spindle grease fittings with flip-up shields, and dual-stage electrostatic-primer and powder-paint coatings to provide extra protection from rust.
With the optional MulchControl kit installed (along with the special mulching blades that are included), changing from side-discharge to mulching or vice versa is done with the simple flip of a lever.
You May Also Be Interested In...