YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA
In an increasingly connected world, technology makes it easy for you to share your operation’s data with others — if that’s what you choose to do. When you entrust your data to John Deere and its subsidiaries through our Data Services and Subscriptions, we safeguard that data and honor the permissions you set for sharing it with others.
We created this statement to be clear about how we manage your data and to provide the details you need to make informed decisions about our Data Services and Subscriptions. This statement explains:
• your responsibilities for managing your data and sharing permissions, as well as your options in the event that you do not want John Deere to use or disclose your data
• the types of data we may collect from you
• how we may use or disclose that data
• our responsibilities for protecting and maintaining your data
We collect three kinds of data through the John Deere Data Services and Subscriptions, which include the John Deere Operations Center, JD Link™, and other offerings listed at www.JohnDeere.com/agreements:
Production Data is information about the work you do with your equipment and the land where you do that work. For example:
• field task details
• area worked
• route travelled
• crop harvested and yield data
• agronomic inputs applied
You can see and manage your Production Data in the John Deere Operations Center and mobile apps.
Machine Data is information that indicates machine health, efficiency, and function.
Machine Data comprises:
• machine health indicators, settings and readings
• machine hours or life
• machine location
• diagnostic codes
• software and firmware versions
• machine attachments, implements or headers
You can see some Machine Data in the John Deere Operations Center, JDLink Web and mobile apps. Some Machine Data is proprietary to John Deere.
Administrative Data is information that helps us support your account and activities in our system.
• your data sharing permissions
• users linked to your account
• machines, devices, and licenses linked to your account
• number of acres and size of files
• information about how you use your account
You can see and manage some Administrative Data in the John Deere Operations Center and mobile apps.
We do not use or collect user-generated content. Some of our systems enable you to store and share information you or others create. This user-generated content includes variable rate prescriptions, notes, recordings, photographs, PDFs and other file types. We store and share this content only as you direct and to comply with court orders and legal or regulatory requirements.
YOU CONTROL WHO SEES YOUR DATA
Here are your options for controlling your account information when you use John Deere’s Data Services and Subscriptions:
You may share and disclose data in the John Deere Operations Center and other connected portals and apps. By setting permissions for your account, you control other parties’ access and visibility into your data. You also control which John Deere dealers have access to data in your account. [note 4] Please note that when you share your information with someone other than John Deere, the recipient may decide to copy, use, modify, or distribute it to others, and John Deere has no control over, or responsibility for, any such activities.
You may view, analyze, and manage Production Data, some Machine Data, and some Administrative Data in your account via the John Deere Operations Center and JDLink portals.
You may download and export Production Data files in the John Deere Operations Center, and you may download some Machine Data from the JDLink portal.
DELETING, UPDATING, AND AMENDING
You may request that we delete, update or amend Machine Data, Production Data, and Administrative Data in your account and we will honor your request within five business days. Please note that deleting data may limit our ability to support you and, in some cases, may constitute a termination under the terms of any applicable Data Service and Subscription contracts between you and John Deere, and - subject to any applicable privacy laws - we may retain certain basic Machine or Administrative data for our record keeping purposes. Please review the terms of any such contract for details. 235
TO SERVE YOU
• We use your data to provide you with contracted services and offerings and to administer your account.
• We may share your data with John Deere affiliates and suppliers to provide you with contracted services and offerings and to administer your account. These affiliates and suppliers have committed to protect your data consistent with this statement and all applicable privacy and other laws. 7
• Machine and Administrative Data only – We may share Machine Data and Administrative Data with John Deere dealers so they can support you, unless you explicitly restrict access to specific dealers. 4
TO LEARN FROM YOU
• We may use your data to develop and improve our products and services. For example, analyzing your data may spotlight trends that inform our product support, warranty services, and diagnostic or prognostic activities.
• We may combine your data with data from others and include your data in anonymized data sets. These anonymized data sets are proprietary to John Deere. John Deere is free to use and disclose the anonymized data, and John Deere may promote information and services derived from anonymized data. Anonymized data is never traceable back to you or your specific operations.
TO MARKET TO YOU
• We may use your data to market products and services to you, targeting offerings to match your activity, interests, and location if you provide any applicable consent. We will communicate with you only according to the preferences you set for your account. 6
• We may share your data with John Deere dealers so they can market products and services to you, targeting offerings to match your activity if you provide any applicable consent. 46
TO COMPLY WITH THE LAW
We do not do anything else with your data without your separate consent. If you do not or cannot agree to the data uses described above, then you should not use John Deere Data Services and Subscriptions. HOW WE PROTECT AND MAINTAIN YOUR DATA
We have implemented and will maintain standards and procedures designed to prevent misuse of information in your account:
• We maintain physical computer and network security.
• We educate our employees about the importance of data security and customer service through standard operating procedures and special training programs.
• We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to information about you, and we update and test our technology to improve the protection of your information.
STORING AND PROCESSING
We store and process data on secure servers in data centers in the United States. In the management of our systems network, we may move data across jurisdictions and may store or process your information outside your home country. . By using any John Deere Data Services and Subscriptions you agree that we may process and store your data in the United States.
Please note that John Deere may retain data unless you delete your information as described above. After expiration of any applicable Data Service and Subscription contract, we may delete data at our discretion and subject to requirements in any applicable privacy, consumer protection, or other laws.
This statement applies in the United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Paraguay, Uruguay, and South Africa. For other countries see www.JohnDeere.com/legal.
2. JOHN DEERE DATA SERVICES AND SUBCRIPTIONS
3. JOHN DEERE PRIVACY STATEMENT
4. RESTRICTING DEALER ACCESS TO MACHINE DATA
To remove dealer access to Machine Data from machines in your account you must do both of the following: remove ServiceADVISOR Remote access for each machine from the Terminal Settings tab in the Operations Center and remove access to machine notifications and advisors from the Sharing tab on the JDLink portal.
5. DELETING, UPDATING, AMENDING MACHINE DATA, PRODUCTION DATA, AND ADMINISTRATIVE DATA
To request deletion, updates,or amendment of Machine Data, Production Data, or Administrative Data email jdlinksupport@JohnDeere.com, or call 800-251-9928. To understand how deletion may impact or terminate any John Deere Data Services or Subscriptions see www.JohnDeere.com/agreements. To understand your rights with respect to any personal information, see www.JohnDeere.com/legal.
6. MARKETING PREFERENCESEmail PrivacyManager@JohnDeere.com for information about your marketing preferences or to change them.
7. ACCESS TO AFFILIATES
All references to "We" in this statement include Deere & Company and its subsidiaries. You may have granted John Deere Financial certain rights to access machine data about your equipment in your financing or lease documents, including the location, maintenance, operation and condition of your equipment. If permitted by your finance or lease agreement, John Deere Financial may continue to access machine data about your equipment during the term of the financing or lease agreement notwithstanding any election you may make. This could include reinstating machine data access if turned-off or otherwise disabled. Please review your finance or lease documents for more information.