Our Business. Your Business.
John Deere is known for exceptional quality and innovative products - this goes far beyond just our equipment. To continually engage with our brand fans, John Deere manages a robust strategic licensing process with a comprehensive portfolio of licensed products. We are constantly evaluating business needs and encourage licensees to connect with us as opportunities arise. We thank you for your interest in becoming a John Deere licensee.
We encourage you to read through the following list to understand our expectations and licensing requirements.
- John Deere licenses are non-exclusive.
- John Deere will require a guaranteed minimum royalty.
- Minimum combined product liability and umbrella/excess insurance is $6,000,000 without children’s products and $10,000,000 for licenses that include any children’s products.
- Pre-approval is required for distributors.
- Royalty reports and payment tracking are required.
- Artwork submitted and approved for licensed products becomes the property of John Deere.
- Before the request for license is finalized, a company financial review must be completed.
- John Deere requires third-party code of conduct audits on all licensee factories prior to contract execution.