6135HFG0613.5L Generator Drive Engine
- PowerTech™ PSL
- Standby: 473 kW (634 hp) @ 1800 rpm
- Prime: 432 kW (579 hp) @ 1800 rpm
- Dual frequency available
- These engines use diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology to meet Final Tier 4 emission regulations. They meet customer performance without the need for a diesel particulate filter (DPF).
Big engine durability
- Heavy-duty components that are usually found in our larger engines are used throughout our generator drive engine line. Many of our DOC/SCR engines feature top-liner cooling, steel pistons, and variable-speed fan drives.
- Fresh air is first drawn into the low-pressure turbocharger (fixed geometry) and compressed to a higher pressure. The compressed air is then drawn into the high-pressure turbocharger (VGT), where the air is further compressed. The high-pressure air is then routed through a charge air cooler and into the engine's intake manifold. By splitting the work between two turbochargers, both can operate at peak efficiency and at slower rotating speeds — lowering stress on turbocharger components and improving reliability. Series turbocharging delivers more boost pressure than single turbocharger configurations which results in higher power density, improved low-speed torque, and improved high altitude operation.
Cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
- EGR cools and mixes measured amounts of cooled exhaust gas with incoming fresh air to lower peak combustion temperatures, thereby reducing NOx.
Electronic unit injectors (EUI) and engine control unit (ECU)
- The EUI fuel system provides higher injection pressures up to 2,350 bar (34,000 psi). It also controls fuel injection timing and provides precise control for start, duration, and end of injection.
4-valve cylinder head
- The 4-valve cylinder head provides excellent airflow resulting in greater low-speed torque and better transient response.
- This is the most efficient method of cooling intake air to help reduce engine emissions while maintaining low-speed torque, transient response time, and peak torque. It enables an engine to meet emissions regulations with better fuel economy and the lowest installed costs.
- Lower installed cost
- Mounting points are the same as previous engine models
John Deere electronic engine controls
- Enables low idle speed for reduced fuel consumption
- Enables switching between 1500 and 1800 RPM without reprogramming
- Single engine control unit (ECU) manages both the engine and the aftertreatment systems
- Premium software option integrates with equipment or vehicles to reduce engineering and installation costs
- Low idle speeds
- Dual frequency 1500/1800 rpm
- Gear-driven auxiliary drives and water pump
- 500-hour oil change
- Self-adjusting poly-vee fan drive
- Optional factory installed variable-speed fan drive improves fuel economy and reduces noise levels
- Replaceable (wet) cylinder liners
- Single piece low-friction steel pistons with integrated oil cooling gallery
- Directed top-liner cooling
- Low-pressure fuel system with electrical transfer pump and "auto-prime" feature
Confidence is Built In
Backed by a powerful support network