With three onboard payload weighing systems available for Z-bar-linkage-equipped John Deere K-Series Loaders, you can choose the features and benefits that best fit your needs.
The Embedded Payload Scale (EPS)
The EPS option provides onboard-only functionality. The operator reads scale information on the K-Series monitor and controls scale functions using buttons on the monitor and armrest.
- Displays weight of material in the bucket
- Source tip-off mode lets the operator dump material back into the pile until the desired weight is left in the bucket
- Destination tip-off mode lets the operator dump the desired amount of material into the truck or trailer and then return remaining material to the pile
- Calculates short totals
- Calculates one long total for all materials
- Five separate counters can be assigned to customers or materials and each counter can track up to 999 separate measurements
Advanced Payload Scale (APS)
The APS option provides the basic weighing features of the EPS, but adds more robust tracking features and the ability to utilize data off-board. If you load a great volume and wide variety of materials, APS is for you.
- Separate monitor
- Track long totals by material
- Track over 100 different materials
- More category tracking options, such as customer, truck number, etc.
- Optional printers for printing load tickets or end-of-shift reports in the cab
- Ability to use data on a business system by transferring data from the monitor using a serial connection or wirelessly using the LOADRITE Material Management System
- Also available is the LOADRITE L-2180 scale with the ability to add an optional ground-slope compensation system
Even more off-board functionality is on the way – payload information will be viewable in JDLink in the future.
View the Payload Weighing Systems brochure
Onboard weighing systems are standard equipment on John Deere ADTs. From the comfort of your desktop or mobile device, you can monitor “material moved” data transmitted through JDLink. This helps in calculating machine utilization and managing a project.
Mirror-mounted lights alert the loading operator when the truck is nearing capacity.
Real-time, onboard information.
The payload weight information displays on the truck monitor, including total tonnage and cycles. The system even calculates carryback for accurate production values.
Dump body rollover protection helps reduce the likelihood of a rear chassis tip-over by monitoring chassis roll. When the pre-selected rear chassis side-to-side slope percentage is exceeded, the dump body will not raise. Onboard weighing can also monitor fore-aft angle and reduces the dump body angle while backing down a slope to reduce dump cycle time. Since the truck now recognizes its load, a loaded speed limit can be selected to match the worksite.
Optimize productivity and calculate more accurate estimates.
Payload data can be viewed in JDLink so you can monitor operator performance and to uncover possible trends that improve or reduce productivity. You can also monitor your trips, tonnage, times, and fuel consumption – data you can use for tighter estimates.