Revenue Protection with Harvest Price Exclusion allows you to receive an indemnity payment when your gross revenue falls below your revenue guarantee. As an integral part of your marketing program, Revenue Protection helps insure your profitability, not just your expenses. You can market your crop during the growing season, when prices are usually higher, knowing that you have the revenue guarantee to cover bushels committed in forward pricing or other market options.
- Guarantees revenue per acre, with comprehensive protection against weather-related losses and certain other unavoidable perils including low crop prices.
- Protects against low prices, low yields, poor quality, late planting, replanting costs1 or when planting is prevented1.
- Available for basic, optional, enterprise or whole farm* units
- Revenue guarantee established at sales closing does not change if prices change.
- Projected price is determined by the Commodity Exchange Price Provisions (CEPP) and is generally available 10 days prior to applicable sales closing date.
*If allowed by Special Provisions of Insurance
- Bottom-line revenue guarantees for more security at marketing.
- Provides income guarantee for bank loans.
- Prices are set using regional commodity exchanges to more closely reflect price differences.
Pays when actual revenue is less than the revenue guarantees; high harvest prices may result in lower indemnity payments.
Revenue Protection with Harvest Price Exclusion Example
Situation: Harvest price is above projected price.2
Coverage Level: 75%
Harvest Price: $4.10
Revenue Protection Guarantee: APH (180 bu.) x Level (0.75) x Projected Price ($3.50) = $472.50/Acre
Yield: 90 bu./Acre
Harvest Revenue: Yield (90 bu.) x Harvest Price ($4.10) = $369.00/Acre
Indemnity Payment: Revenue Guarantee ($472.50) – Harvest Revenue ($369.00) = $103.50/Acre
1Not available on all crop policies.
2All examples assume the policyholder has 100% share of the insured crop. Different rounding rules may apply to different calculations and/or products.