Revenue Protection provides coverage against lost revenues caused by low yields, low prices, or both. As an integral part of your marketing program, Revenue Protection helps insure your profitability, not just your expenses. You can market your crop during the growing season, when prices are usually higher, knowing that you have the revenue guarantee to cover bushels committed in forward pricing or other market options. You have an established revenue guarantee per acre, and, unlike a pure yield-based insurance policy, you may net a higher indemnity payment.
- Guarantees revenue per acre with comprehensive protection against weather-related losses and certain other unavoidable perils including crop price reductions.
- Protects against low prices, low yields, poor quality, late planting, replanting costs1 or when planting is prevented1.
- Final guarantee set at the higher of the projected price guarantee or the harvest price guarantee.
- Projected price is determined by the Commodity Exchange Price Provisions (CEPP) and is generally available 10 days prior to applicable sales closing date.
- Adds more security to your marketing plans by guaranteeing both upside and downside revenues, with a minimum revenue guarantee.
- Calculates losses based on the harvest market price to help protect your revenue and help satisfy your contracts despite low yields.
- Bottom-line revenue guarantee to help you secure operating loans.
- Available for basic, optional, enterprise or whole farm* units
- Prices are set using regional commodity exchanges to more closely reflect area price differences.
*If allowed by Special Provisions of Insurance
Wheat, Barley, Malting Barley, Corn, Grain Sorghum, Soybeans, Cotton, Rice, Sunflowers and Canola/Rapeseed
Revenue Protection pays when your harvest revenue is less than the final revenue guarantee.
Revenue Protection Example
Situation: Loss of production, higher prices at harvest2
Projected Crop Price: $3.50
Harvest Price: $4.10
Final Revenue Guarantee: APH (180 bu.) x Level (0.75) x Harvest Price ($4.10) = $553.50/Acre
Yield: 90 bu./Acre
Harvest Revenue: Yield (90 bu.) x Harvest Price ($4.10) = $369.00/Acre
Indemnity Payment: Final Guarantee ($553.50) – Harvest Revenue ($369.00) = $184.50/Acre
1Not available on all crop policies.
2All examples assume the policyholder has 100% share of the insured crop. Different rounding rules may apply to different calculations and/or products.