The right solution for Interim Tier 4/Stage III B
John Deere engines 56 kW (75 hp) and above continue to use our proven PowerTech™ Plus engine technologies, including cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR), with the addition of an exhaust filter. The lineup continues to feature 4.5L, 6.8L, 9.0L, and 13.5L in-line, 4- and 6-cylinder engines.
Below 56 kW (75 hp), John Deere PowerTech E 2.4L and PowerTech M 2.4L engine models meet Interim Tier 4 and Stage III A emissions regulations and the PowerTech M 4.5L meets Interim Tier 4 emissions regulations without the use of cooled EGR or an exhaust filter.
By choosing EGR first, John Deere proved we could meet the near-zero levels of Interim Tier 4/Stage III B emissions regulations for off-highway equipment with diesel engines – without the addition of selective catalytic reduction (SCR). Our Interim Tier 4/Stage III B approach continues to use cooled EGR for NOx reduction and adds an integrated exhaust filter for particulate matter (PM) reduction. It is simple to install, operate, and maintain while delivering the power, fuel efficiency, reliability, and low cost of ownership you've come to expect from John Deere. Cooled EGR. Right technology. Right now.
Integrated exhaust filters are easy to maintain
- Proven technology that is not overly complex
- Doesn't require additional fluids
- Similar operational and maintenance procedures compared to previous John Deere engines
- Technicians already understand how to service cooled EGR-based engines
Learn more about our Interim Tier 4 models, ratings and technologies
- John Deere exhaust filters are designed to meet the demands of rugged off-highway applications
- Trapped PM is oxidized within the exhaust filter through a self-activating cleaning process called regeneration
- In most cases, the regeneration process does not have an impact on machine operation or require operator involvement
- Exhaust filter replaces the muffler in most applications
Please note that all information, plans, policies related to product, warranty, services and support available in this website will be subjected to specific review of your country for applicability. Please contact John Deere authorized dealer for detailed information.