John Deere Financial Privacy Statement for the United States
- We understand the need to safeguard information about your personal and financial affairs that you provide to us. We have implemented and will maintain standards and procedures designed to prevent misuse of that information.
- We collect, retain, and use that information only when we believe it will help us, our affiliated companies, retail dealers or selected business partners, provide products, services, and other opportunities to you. We also use that information to comply with certain laws and regulations; to help us design or improve our products and services; and to understand your needs so we, our affiliated companies, dealers and business partners can provide you with quality products and superior service, and genuine value.
- We have procedures to help assure that your financial information is accurate, current, and complete, in accordance with commercial standards. We also have procedures to respond to your requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner. Some of these procedures are required by federal or state law.
- We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy through standard operating procedures and special training programs.
- We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to information about you. We update and test our technology to improve the protection of our information about you and to ensure its accuracy.
- We do not reveal specific information about your accounts or other personally identifiable data to parties outside our affiliated companies for their independent use unless: (1) you request or authorize it; (2) the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you; (3) the information is provided to a credit bureau or similar information reporting agency; or (4) the disclosure otherwise is lawfully permitted or required.
- It is necessary to provide personally identifiable information about you to a party outside our affiliated companies, such as to a company that we hire to prepare your account statements. These companies agree to protect our confidential information about you and must abide by applicable law.
- This Statement may be changed at any time. Below is a sample of the Consumer Account Personal Information Notice, which relates only to accounts used primarily for personal, family and household purposes, it may be changed by providing a prior written notice to those customers. The remaining provisions may be changed without prior notice and those changes may apply to information already in use.
Last Updated: 4 September, 2012