Why the Increased Replant policy?
We understand that Mother Nature doesn’t always cooperate when you need it to. So if your acreage is damaged early in the season, it can leave your operation at risk without funds to replant. That’s why the Increased Replant policy provides coverage for replanting expenses to ensure the future of your operation.
How the Increased Replant policy works.
Partnered with a YP, RP, RPHPE, GRP, or GRIP policy at a coverage level greater than the MPCI CAT amount, the Increased Replant policy provides coverage for either soybeans or commercial field corn grown for grain, for the perils below.
- Adverse weather conditions
- Plant disease
- Failure of irrigation water supply due to an unavoidable cause
If the crop suffers from an insured peril, notify JDIC of the intent to replant. An replant payment will be given if certain criteria* has been met. To calculate the indemnity payment, take the insurance per acre multiplied by replanted acres and by share. The payment from both this policy and the MPCI policy cannot exceed the actual cost to replant the insured crop.
Benefits only available from John Deere Insurance Company.
- Protects acres that would not qualify under the MPCI policy replant guidelines.
- Provides coverage for replanting expenses that more accurately reflects increased seed costs.
- Payments on a per acre basis instead of a unit basis.
(subject to approval) AR, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MN, MI, MS, MO, OH, WI
*See the Underwriting Guidelines for this information.