Why the Grain Fire policy?
On hot summer days, fires can start and quickly spread destroying your entire field. John Deere Insurance Company understands this is a risk that you're not willing to take. That's why the Grain Fire policy provides coverage for damage to crops as a result of fire, including man-made, lightning strike, or transit accident.
How the Grain Fire policy works.
The Grain Fire policy provides coverage corn, soybeans, wheat, barley, canola, rye, flax, and forage production against loss from either of the following causes:
- Fire or damage from lightning strike before harvest begins or while the insured crop is in a harvester or other mobile equipment. (Coverage is in excess over other valid and collectible insurance, excluding the MPCI policy.)
- Transit accident while the harvested insured crop is in a harvester or other mobile equipment. This may include damage caused by wind storm, collision, overturn and collapse of bridges, docks or culverts.
Benefits only available from John Deere Insurance Company.
- Coverage begins the day after the application is signed by you and your agent.
- No deductible will apply to a loss caused by fire, lightning, transit accident, or fire department service charge.
- Provides more coverage for the peril of fire for small and course grains above the MPCI coverage.
- Cost effective option for producers who may not trigger a loss from the MPCI policy, this policy adds coverage on a per acre basis.
- Combined forms for the MPCI and Grain Fire policy information, you’ll receive just one one complete application, bill, and summary.
Available states: (subject to approval)
AZ, CA, CO, ID, IA, KS, MN, MT, MO, NE, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY