How it Works
Yield Protection (YP) provides coverage to guarantee yields based on your actual production history. This policy provides protection for low yields, poor quality, replanting costs,¹ or when planting is prevented.¹ The covered perils include nearly all natural disasters – drought, excess moisture, cold and frost, wildlife, disease, and insects.
View the online MPCI brochure for a sample calculation.
- Provides comprehensive yield protection against weather related causes of loss and certain other unavoidable perils
- Available for basic, optional, or enterprise units in various coverage levels
- Guarantee is based on your yield records
- The projected price is determined by the Commodity Exchange Price Provisions (CEPP) and is generally available 10 days prior to the applicable sales closing date
- May receive an indemnity payment when the actual yield falls below the approved guarantee
- Cost effective: Less expensive than revenue-based policies
- Comprehensive protection: Adds security to farm loans and low-level security for marketing plans
- Additional coverage: Minimum catastrophic coverage is available and provisions are available for Limited Resource Farmers
Barley, canola/rapeseed, corn for grain, cotton, dry beans, grain sorghum, wheat, malting barley, peanuts, popcorn, rice, soybeans, and sunflowers.
1Not available on all crop policies.