/ Revenue Protection with HPE
Revenue Protection with Harvest Price Exclusion
- Additional security
- Guaranteed revenue
- Loan security
How it Works
Revenue Protection with Harvest Price Exclusion (RP-HPE) provides coverage to guarantee revenue based on the projected price guarantee. This policy provides protection against low revenue, poor quality, replanting costs,¹,² or when planting is prevented.² The covered perils include nearly all natural disasters – drought, excess moisture, cold and frost, wildlife, disease, and insects.
With this policy, your final revenue guarantee is based on the projected price, which does not change even if crop prices change at harvest.
View the online MPCI brochure for a sample calculation.
- Guarantees revenue per acre with comprehensive protection against weather-related losses and certain other unavoidable perils, including low crop prices
- Available for basic, optional, enterprise, or whole farm1 units in various coverage levels
- Revenue guarantee established at sales closing does not change if prices change
- Projected price is determined by the Commodity Exchange Price Provisions (CEPP) and is generally available 10 days prior to the applicable sales closing date
- May receive an indemnity payment when the gross revenue falls below the revenue guarantee
- Additional security: Adds more security by guaranteeing minimum revenue on your crops
- Guaranteed revenue: Cost effective tool to guarantee a set amount of revenue
- Loan security: Provides income guarantee for farm loans
Barley, canola/rapeseed, corn for grain, cotton, dry beans, grain sorghum, wheat, malting barley, peanuts, popcorn, rice, soybeans, and sunflowers.
1Not available on all crop policies.
2All examples assume the policyholder has 100% share of the insured crop. Different rounding rules may apply to different calculations and/or products.