How It Works
Revenue Protection (RP) provides coverage to guarantee revenue based on the higher of the projected price or harvest price guarantee. This policy provides protection against low prices, low yields, poor quality, replanting costs,¹,² or when planting is prevented.² The covered perils include nearly all natural disasters – drought, excess moisture, cold and frost, wildlife, disease, and insects.
RP may help you insure your profitability, not just your expenses. With this policy you have an established revenue guarantee per acre, and unlike a pure yield-based insurance policy, you may net a higher indemnity payment. RP also provides protection in the event of low prices.
View the online MPCI Brochure for a sample calculation.
- Guarantees revenue per acre with comprehensive protection against weather-related losses and certain other unavoidable perils, including crop price reductions
- Available for basic, optional, enterprise, or whole farm1 units in various coverage levels
- Final guarantee is based on the higher of the projected price or the harvest price
- Projected price is determined by the Commodity Exchange Price Provisions (CEPP) and is generally available 10 days prior to the applicable sales closing date
- Harvest price is determined by the Commodity Exchange Price Provisions (CEPP)
- May receive an indemnity payment when the harvest revenue is less than the final revenue guarantee
- Additional security: Adds more security to your marketing plans by guaranteeing both upside and downside revenues with a minimum revenue guarantee
- Thorough coverage: Protects against both yield and revenue loss – yield losses are indemnified with revenue that is lost
- Guaranteed revenue: Payments based on the higher of the projected price or the harvest price to help protect your revenue, secure loans, and satisfy your contracts
- Available for basic, optional, enterprise or whole farm* units
- Prices are set using regional commodity exchanges to more closely reflect area price differences.
Barley, canola/rapeseed, corn for grain, cotton, dry beans, grain sorghum, wheat, malting barley, peanuts, popcorn, rice, soybeans, and sunflowers.
1Not available on all crop policies.
2Prevented plant/replant only indemnifies at the projected price.