Actual Production History (APH)
- Cost effective
- Comprehensive protection
- Additional coverage
How it Works
Actual Production History (APH) provides coverage to guarantee yields based on your actual production history. This policy provides protection against low yields, poor quality, replanting costs,1 or when planting is prevented.1 The covered perils include nearly all natural disasters – drought, excess moisture, cold and frost, wildlife, disease, and insects.
View the online MPCI brochure for a sample calculation.
- Comprehensive protection against weather-related causes of loss and certain other unavoidable perils
- Guarantee is based on a coverage level and your own yield records using an established price, which is determined by RMA, and potentially an additional price if applicable
- Available for basic, optional, or enterprise¹ units in various coverage levels
- May receive an indemnity payment when the actual yield falls below the approved guarantee
- Cost effective: Provides cost-effective risk protection
- Comprehensive protection: Adds security to farm loans and low-level security for marketing plans
- Additional coverage: Minimum catastrophic coverage is available and provisions are available for Limited Resource Farmers
Contact your John Deere crop insurance agent for crop availability in your county.
1Not available on all crop policies.