/ Lubricants, Coolants & Greases
Lubricants, Coolants & Greases
Better Lubricants for Better Performance
Your equipment and lubricants go hand in hand. Since John Deere manufactures both machines and lubricants, the best way to keep your investment in prime shape is by using only John Deere products, created specifically with your John Deere in mind.
Take a good look at your lubrication options
Every lubricant we offer is developed by expert John Deere engineers and ideally optimized to meet heavy-duty requirements. Our products not only upgrade your machinery performance, they also protect it from wear and prolong the life of your investment.
Use only John Deere lubricants in your John Deere equipment for guaranteed long-term success.
Protect your equipment – protect your investment.
Plus-50 is a unique, state-of-the-art oil designed to extend oil drain intervals, ensure a longer engine life and to provide improved performance and protection of John Deere and all other diesel engines (not for Stage III B or engines above).
Plus-50 key benefits
- SAE 15W40, ACEA E7/E5, JDQ78A, API CI-4/SL
- Oil drain intervals to 500 hrs max as specified in operators manuals
- Reduced maintenance costs
- More power, longer engine life
- Cleaner running engine with significantly reduced wear
- Greater thermal stability and resistance to oxidisation and corrosion
- Easier cold weather starting
- Substantial reduction in pollutant emissions
The new John Deere Plus-50 II engine oil has been specifically developed for off-road applications and extreme operating temperatures for both existing and newer engines. Plus-50 II oil maintains its viscosity significantly longer and better than standard engine oils, keeping your engine running smoothly for up to 500 hours (proven by the JDQ-78X off-road dyno test).
- API service categories: CJ-4, CI-4,CH-4, SM, SL, SJ
- ACEA oil sequences: E9, E7
- Reduces maintenance costs and downtime
- Drain intervals may be extended up to 500 hours when used with John Deere filters in John Deere engines
- Formulated specifically to inhibit oxidation, deposits, corrosion, and wear with superior soot control
- Provides maximum sludge and varnish control
- Excellent low-temperature fluidity reduces engine wear in cold weather.
- Low ash technology to support diesel particulate filter service life.
- Full fleet solution: superior protection in low emission engines (IT4) and older engines.
Protect your hydraulics and transmissions with the best oil for both: Hy-Gard. It not only meets John Deere equipment standards, it exceeds them. And Hy-Gard oil is a sophisticated Universal Tractor Transmission Oil (UTTO). So it’s easy for you to choose the right oil for your agricultural and turf equipment.
This top-of-the-line lubricant provides smooth performance under a wide range of operating conditions for:
- Transmissions and differential units with immersed “wet” brakes
- Gearboxes with hydraulic brakes
- Gearboxes with hydraulic derived systems
- Hydraulic transmissions
- JDM J20C (regular)/JDM J20D (low viscosity) – minimum specs
- RES 10060 for John Deere factory and aftermarket standards
- Superior high temperature performance helps ensure fewer deposits and a longer life
- Controls moisture build-up, oxidation and deposit formations due to heat
- Prolongs clutch life
- Recommended for equipment with common reservoirs or separate transmission and hydraulic systems, including those with wet brakes and clutches
- Performance exceeds the above specifications.
Cool-Gard II is the coolant that is designed to extend the life of your engine. This remarkable coolant protects against corrosion, cavitation and deposits under the harshest conditions. And to make sure John Deere develops the best coolant to protect against these conditions, we’ve put Cool-Gard II through very aggressive high thermal load tests (*). We compared how Cool-Gard II protects common cooling system metals under these extreme conditions with how other coolants protect under the same conditions. The proven advanced oxidation stability provides long-lasting protection against heat. So you’ll spend more time in the field turning profits and less time worrying about maintenance expenses.
- Up to 6-year/6,000-hour service life
- Optimized maintenance costs through longer service intervals
- Fully formulated, ready-to-use solution for long-life stability and performance
- Protection against corrosion and deposits
- Cavitation control for a longer liner life and more.
- Efficient water pump performance.
- Reliable freeze-point protection until -37°C
Grease-Gard Premium and Grease-Gard Premium Plusgreases are ideal to protect bearings, drive shafts and all the other moving parts where grease is required.
Grease-Gard Premium is a multi-purpose Lithium grease that offers excellent performance in light to medium duty and is ideal for all-season general purpose lubrication. Grease-Gard Premium Plus is a multi-purpose HD Lithium complex grease. It is used by John Deere for initial factory-fill lubrication of U-joints and axle bearings and it is compatible with most other types of grease.
Grease-Gard Premium Plus
- Ideal for light to medium duty wheel bearings and U-joints
- Excellent resistance to extreme pressure
- Excellent protection against corrosion
- Very good temperature range: –26 °C to +143 °C
- Excellent equipment vibration protection
- Excellent protection in corrosive and wet conditions
- Excellent temperature range: –28 °C to +167 °C
- Extends re-greasing intervals